Saturday, November 22, 2008

theBigMouth weighs in on the Kodak Zi6

Here is the review that I just posted on Cnet dot com:
"Kodak Zi6 - An HD pocket cam for the rest of us!"
by thebigmouth on November 22, 2008

Pros: Nice Size, HD Video, AA rechargeable, Takes SD Cards, Did I mention HD Video? Big bright view area
Cons: No stabilization built in, Low light Quality, No Macintosh Support, Digital Zoom
Summary: Well Kodak does it again! Kodak will do what it did for still photography to video photography, make it simple and with HD to boot with the all new Kodak Zi6. I love the idea of the rechargeable AA batteries if they go dead and I not near a recharger I can put in regular AA. The SD card, Yea I know there is not one in the box, but think of the options you'll have all the storage you can afford. The HD is absolutely gorgeous and for a price that anyone can afford. The viewing screen on the back is incredible as well! YEP there is an Flip Mino HD but for my buck there is no better than Kodak! Why? Because Kodak made a science in color and the Kodak Zi6 delivers. Some say that the Zi6 need stabilization and honestly I don't think that would help me, because I am one lousy videographer. The main thing that I wish this had was Macintosh support, the onboard software is for Pee Cee use only. The digital zoom does need some work as well as the video quality in low light. This is one great little pocket video cam that everyone is going to want. Check out the Zi6 blog at zedi6.blogspot.com!
Was this review helpful? YES | NO

No comments: